Make something different for your kids with the leftover chapatis lying in your hot boxes. Chapati noodles is a simple and quick makeover dish that you can whip up in minutes and serve those hungry tummies. Also this is an easy & tasty way to finish up that one chapati that has not been touched and is waiting to be thrown away or wasted. Sneak in some vegetables or meat and serve it to your kids as breakfast, dinner or pack as lunch. I am a paneer fanatic and so I toss paneer into all recipes possible and have used it here too, but it is purely an optional ingredient. If you are looking for an Indianized version or a much more flavorful leftover-chapati-dish then you can try kothu chapati. Do check out more leftover recipes here.
INGREDIENTSServes one person
Total Preparation Time - 15 minutes
- Small Chapati - 2 (leftover chapatis or make fresh chapatis and let them cool down, then use it. After chopping I got nearly 2 cups full of chapati strips)
- Capsicum - 1/2 of a capsicum
- Big Onion - 1/2 of an onion
- Paneer - 1 small piece chopped into cubes or simply crumbled (optional)
- Spring onions - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic pods - 1
- Soy sauce - 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli sauce - 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Tomato sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Fold chapati into four and using a clean scissor cut chapati into thin strips. And set aside.
- Now slice capsicum and onions. Chop garlic finely and either chop paneer into smaller cubes or just crumble them and set aside.
- Place a kadai on flame and pour oil into it, add the chopped garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Then add onions and saute until it seems half cooked.
- Add sliced capsicum and and saute.
- Add salt, tomato sauce, soy sauce, green chilli sauce and saute until well mixed.
- Add the paneer cubes and saute for a minute.
- Now add the chapati strips and toss well for a minute until it gets mixed up well with the masala.
- Scatter some chopped spring onions and stir.
- Remove from flame and serve hot.
Love this! Chapathi n noodles..in one :)ReplyDelete
Yum! This looks so tasty :)ReplyDelete