A few weeks ago I posted capsicum fried rice on blog and this was what I served along with it. Mushroom manchurian, an Indo-Chinese delicacy goes well as sides with rice, pulao and bread varieties, but pairs the best with fried rice. The flavors from ginger, soy sauce, capsicum and the juicy succulent mushroom bites makes the dish so appetizing. Its easy to prepare so why go to fast food corners to satisfy your taste-buds, when you can make this at home? It tastes so good just like the ones you get in restaurants and the better fact is you can prepare it in a more hygienic way. If you are a seafood lover then you should definitely check out my fish manchurian recipe which has got many positive feedbacks from readers and friends. Now lets see how to prepare this yummy mushroom manchurian.
Serves one person
Total Preparation Time - 20 minutes
- Button mushroom - 6 to 8
- Big onion - 1
- Capsicum - 1
- Garlic - 2 pods
- Ginger chopped finely - 1/2 tsp (or less)
- Green chilli chopped finely - 1/2 teaspoon
- Spring onions -1 tablespoon for garnishing
- Soy sauce - 3 teaspoons
- Tomato sauce - 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder - 1 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon
- Corn flour (or) Rice flour - 2 tablespoons
- All purpose flour / Maida - 3 tablespoons plus + 1.5 teaspoons
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - To deep fry mushrooms plus 3 tablespoons for gravy
- Wash and chop mushrooms into cubes or the way y. Then chop onions and capsicums like in the pic below.
- Mix 3 tablespoons maida,2 tbsp corn flour, salt, 1/4 tsp pepper powder. Then pour little water to make a thick paste out of it. Place a kadai on flame and pour oil to deep fry mushrooms. Now dip the mushrooms in batter and deep fry them in hot oil.
- Just fry until they turn crisp. Then remove from flame and set the fried mushrooms aside.
- Now place another pan on flame and pour 3 tbsp of oil. Add finely chopped garlic and ginger and saute for a few seconds.
- Then add the cubed onions and saute until it turns translucent. Now add capsicum and saute for a minute. Capsicum should be crisp so see that you don't cook it up too much.
- Then add pepper powder, salt, soy sauce, tomato sauce, sugar and stir well.
- Add vinegar now and stir. Then pour 150 ml of water and mix well.
- Now add the fried mushroom pieces and give a stir.
- Mix 1.5 teaspoons of maida or corn flour with 50 ml of water and pour it into the sauce and stir well immediately. Cook for a few seconds on low flame until the sauce thickens but has the saucy consistency. Do not leave on flame for longer time as the curry will thicken up too much.
- Check for salt and add if needed. Remove from flame.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve.
TIP 1: If you want the dry version do not add water just add the fried mushrooms and saute. Reduce the quantity or ginger, green chillies and red chilli powder so that it does not overpower the dish.
TIP 2: You can remove seeds from green chillies and then use it to reduce the spiciness or just skip adding green chillies. But it gives a nice flavor to the dish.
For more Indo-Chinese recipes click here!
Click here for Fish Manchurian recipe
Click here for Capsicum fried rice recipe!
Post a Comment
Thanks for the visit. Do drop in your valuable comments and suggestions :) Please do not add any links to your site/blog such comments will not be published. Click on notify me and get notified about my reply to your comments.