Have a few bread slices and some sausage pieces at home? Then that is all you'll need to fix your snack time! Here's a quick and easy snack recipe that kids will love to the core, and I bet even grown ups would too! This bread rolls has a crispy outer layer and a chunky inside and its one of my favorites that I make to satiate my hunger quickly within minutes. After munching on a few you will still crave for more. It's that interesting, delicious and fun! Serve it with a hot cup of chai and enjoy!
Total Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Makes 5 rolls
- Bread slices - 5
- Chicken sausage - 5
- Mozzarella cheese - As required (optional)
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil - To deep fry
- To a bowl add 3 cups of water, salt and stir until salt dissolves.
- Take the bread pieces and dip in the salted water, then immediately remove and squeeze out water by pressing between your palms. (You can cut and remove the browned end of the bread slices if you want but that wont make any difference)
- Once done place a sausage in the middle along with a small cheese piece. Then cover the sausage with bread and roll between your palms then press well to form a cylinder. If your bread pieces aren't wet it might be difficult to roll. Make sure to squeeze water well before rolling as soggy bread pieces will tend to absorb more oil.
- Do the same with the rest of the bread pieces and sausages.
- Now place a frying pan on flame and pour enough oil to deep fry the rolls.
- After it heats up gently slide the rolls and fry until golden.
- Remove from flame drain excess oil using a tissue paper and serve with ketchup.
TIP: Sausage already has salt content and is sometimes flavored too so seasoning is not necessary but if you feel like you want some flavors you can sprinkle some pepper powder or paprika or any spice powder over the sausage and then make the roll.