Here's a buttery cheesy toast with subtle and comforting flavors that can be served as snack or for breakfast. It is a very simple toast which you can tweak by adding some more spices like red chili flakes or Italian seasonings of your choice. Load it with cheese as much as you like or you can avoid it completely if you are health conscious, avoiding cheese will not affect the taste much. The crunchiness of capsicum, the juiciness of corn kernels and the cheesiness goes so well together and is enough to provide all vital nutrients. Try to opt for wheat bread instead of maida for a healthier version.
Total Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Makes two toasts
- Sweet Bread slices - 2
- Sweet corn kernels - 1/4 cup (boiled)
- Chopped Capsicum - 2 tablespoons
- Cheese - As required (mozarella/amul cheese cubes)
- Pepper powder - Few pinches
- Salt - As required
- Butter - 1 teaspoon + for toasting bread
- Place a pan on flame and add 1/2 teaspoon of butter and add chopped capsicum, stir fry for a few seconds, then add the boiled sweet corn kernels add pepper powder and salt and mix. Remove from flame and add the remaining butter and stir well. Keep aside.
- Grate cheese. You can use mozarella or the ordinary cheese cubes.
- Now place a pan on flame and brush some butter over it. Place a bread slice over it and toast for a few seconds.
- Flip and spoon the sweet corn mix over the toasted side and top it up with grated cheese. Spread more cheese if you like it more cheesy.
- Cover the pan and cook for a few seconds on medium or low flame. Do not over cook as your bottom will burn. Open lid to see if the cheese has melted.
- Remove from flame. Serve with ketchup.
TIP 1: If you get whole corn cob just use a knife to chop off the kernels. Then put them into a saucepan and pour enough water and salt. Boil for a few minutes until the kernels seem succulent and juicy. Or steam the whole cob and remove the kernels alone. Then use in the recipe.