Dosa batter is such a versatile and handy ingredient. You can make bondas, paniyarams, dosa, uthappams and try too many variations with it. Here's one of the variations, a kid friendly cheesy uthapam recipe. I have already posted a sweet corn uthapam which received positive feedbacks :) Make sure to try your own creativity with dosa batter next time.
Makes 3 uthapams
Total Preparation Time - 10 minutes
- Dosa batter - 2 cups
- Capsicum - 1
- Grated cheese - As required (use mozzarella or processed cheese)
- Salt - As required
- Oil - As required
- Chop capsicum and add a pic of salt and toss well keep aside.
- Place a tawa or dosa pan on flame and after it heats up spread a little oil and pour a laddle full of dosa batter. Do not spread the batter.
- Now spread chopped capsicum immediately and also the grated cheese. Mozrella tastes better than processed cheese.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low flame until the cheese melts.
- Remove from flame and drizzle some tomato ketchup over it and serve as such or along with any subtle curries. Goes well with any manchurian.
TIP 1: You can use other color capsicums (bell peppers) to make it look attractive.
TIP 2: You can drizzle some ketchup before adding capsicum and then top it with capsicum and cheese.
TIP 3: Usually too much oil is drizzled around the dosa to make uthapams crispy but you can reduce it as we have already loaded it with cheese. The uthapam will come out soft and spongy.