Greens are so good for health but somehow most of us hate to include it in our diet don't we? So here's a soup that is both easier to gulp in and get those nutrients tastes good too is and super easy to prepare too. Pregnant women who have no complications can take this drink once in a while and do get a word from your doctor before trying anything different. Just like murungakkai (drumstick) soup this one is packed with so much nutrients.
INGREDIENTSMakes soup for 3 people
Total Preparation Time - 15 to 20 minutes
- Araikeerai - 1 bunch (You can use spinach too)
- Small onions / Shallots - 8 /10
- Garlic pods - 4
- Cumin seeds - 2 teaspoons
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Clean greens and pick the leaves alone, wash again and chop into smaller pieces or if the leaves are small use them without chopping.
- Now take a saucepan and add the leaves, chopped onions, crushed or chopped garlic pods, cumin seeds, crushed pepper, cumin powder and pour 3 cups of water of water.
- Place on flame and let it boil until the greens change color and the raw smell leaves.
- Remove from flame and drain it.
- Add salt and serve the soup. (Grind the greens and serve it as greens masiyal)
TIP 1: Thandu keerai, spinach and any kind of keerai can be used to make this soup. Grind the leftover greens to make masiyal. Don't throw it away as it will have fiber content in it.