When you are suddenly craving for a spicy tikka and you don't have any meat or much ingredients at hand you should try this! We always stock up eggs in our pantry so this should be the most feasible tikka recipe and its also uncomplicated, delicious too. Just a few minutes are enough to prepare these egg tikkas. You can serve it as starter or snack also. I have shared both the stove top and oven method in the description, just follow the one that would be easy for you. But if you own a tandoor oven please do use it as it gives a nice smoky flavor.
INGREDIENTSTotal Preparation Time 10 minutes (included boiling time)
Serves 2 people
- Boiled egg – 2
- Red chilli powder – 2 teaspoons
- Garam masala – ¼ teaspoon (or) Tandoori masala – ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – As required
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mix red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt. Sprinkle some water and 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice and make a thick paste. (Use tandoori masala instead of garam masala for better flavor)
- Cut the boiled eggs into halves and apply this paste over the cut surface. Spread well.
- Heat a pan or dosa kal and spread some oil, place the masala side over the pan and toast for a minute or until the masala gets roasted well. Flip the eggs and let it sit on the pan for 30 seconds.
- Remove from flame and drizzle lemon juice, serve.
- You can also bake these eggs in a preheated oven at 190 degrees Celsius for 2 to 3 minutes. Use grill mode and bake in the top most rack.
- Serve with mayonnaise or mint chutney and some onion slices.