Here's an easy snack idea for your evenings, the egg samosa. We usually make bondas out of boiled eggs here in the south, but for a change you can try this recipe. I made it out of whole boiled eggs, you can slice them into halves and also prepare the same. I have also posted the recipe on my youtube channel do check it out for better understanding. Egg samosa is the easiest I must, you can try it for yourself and see how tasty it is too.
Total Preparation Time - 20 minutes
- Boiled Eggs - 2 (full boiled eggs)
- Maida / All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- Salt - As required
- Breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Remove shells from eggs and keep aside.
- Prepare a dough using flour, salt and water, like we would do for making poori or rotis. Knead well until it seems soft and smooth. Keep it covered for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Now pinch a small portion from the dough, flatten it and spread water all over it.
- Place the egg in the center and wrap the dough around the egg and press on the ends firmly. Trim off the excess dough and keep aside. Do the same for the remaining eggs.
- Place a pan on flame and pour enough oil to deep fry the eggs.
- Take a bowl add 1 teaspoon of maida and one cup of water and mix well.
- Dip the eggs in this flour solution then roll them in breadcrumbs and gently drop them into the pan, deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup.
Check the following video recipe to learn better, it is just a one minute video!
Check out the video above to learn how to make egg samosa