Hi Friends, am so glad to share with you a guest post by Padhu from Padhuskitchen. Am sure every blogger must have known this talented blogger. The moment I requested her for a guest post she willingly accepted and sent me the recipe as soon as she could. Padhu this is my favorite cake and thanks for giving us a visual treat!!
When I asked to introduce herself she gave a very clear and sharp note about herself as follows;
"Am a creative person and a mother of two adorable children. A fitness enthusiastic who never misses her morning walk. Padhuskitchen was started in 2009. I started my first website healthbeautytips in early 2007 which focuses on Natural Health & Beauty Care. I should thank my children who appreciate and love my cooking a lot. So I wanted to maintain an online dairy to keep a record of all my recipes, so that they could refer later. What started as a hobby has developed into a passion .I started loving it a lot. Now Padhuskitchen has over 400 vegetarian recipes which are tried and tested personally by me. I love all the recipes in my blog and hope you will like it too!! Take a look at my recipes here."
Thank Padhu for accepting my request for a guest post and for letting us a know more about you and your blogs. Wish you more success and happiness in all days to come.
I would like to thank Divya for giving me this opportunity to write a guest post in her blog. This is a very simple and delicious cake with a mild coffee flavor. Serve it with evening tea or coffee.
- Sugar - 175 grams
- Butter - 175 grams
- Eggs - 4
- All purpose flour (Maida) - 175 grams
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Instant coffee powder - 2 tsp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Warm Milk - ¼ cup
- 9 inch round baking pan
- Sieve maida with baking powder twice and keep it aside.
- Grease and flour the baking pan and keep it ready.
- Preheat the oven at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Mix instant coffee powder in a tbsp of hot water and keep it aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat until well combined.
- Add essence, coffee decoction and mix well. (Do not worry if the mixture looks curdled as it will become alright once you add flour)
- Fold in maida little by little gently. Add milk and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- After the cake cools, remove it from the pan after loosening the sides with a knife.
TIP : It is very delicious when served warm.
Delicious and Delectable Coffee Cake is now ready!! Serve during tea time and enjoy!!
The first one to post a guest post on my blog was Petro from The Seaman Mom blog (My dear friend) who posted about deviled eggs on my space. Click here to visit that recipe.