Chicken is always the best loved by most non-vegetarians, especially kids. It is the best source for proteins and various nutrients especially Vitamins. I would always suggest de-skinned chicken, because the skin contains an average of about 75% of fat. This particular recipe, Chicken masala curry is a very delicious and spicy chicken recipe, prepared with Indian spices, like pepper, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, etc. It goes well with Rice varieties, especially Fried rice, Jeera rice and Biryani, or Chapati, Parota, Roti varieties and Dosa.
- Chicken - 250 grams
- Big onions - 2
- Tomatoes - 1
- Capsicum - 1/2 (optional)
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1/2 spoon
- Pepper balls - 1/2 spoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 spoon
- Fennel seeds/Saunf - 1/2 spoon
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inch long piece
- Coconut - 1 inch long piece (or) Grated coconut - 1 spoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 spoon
- Pepper powder - 1/4 spoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 spoon
- Lemon juice - 1 spoon
- Coriander leaves - Few
- Wash the chicken pieces well with water, then apply turmeric powder and salt on the chicken pieces and leave it undisturbed for 15 minutes. Wash again and keep aside.
- Make a coarse powder of the following ingredients and keep aside;
- Cumin seeds + Pepper balls + Cinnamon stick + Fennel seeds.
- Grind coconut into fine paste and keep aside.
- Chop onions and capsicum into big pieces.
- In a pressure cooker add oil, fry onions until it becomes slightly transparent.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and salt, fry till it turns pulpy.
- Now add the dry powders such as, red chilli powder, pepper powder, cumin powder and stir well.
- Then add the coconut paste and stir well.
- Add the chicken pieces, and capsicum, mix well with the masala for a minute.
- Add the prepared coarse powder and stir well.
- Then add a glass of water and close the cooker.
- Pressure cook the chicken for 10 minutes. Remove from flame
- Open the cooker after 5 minutes and add lemon juice, stir well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
TIP 1: If you are preparing the same masala using a normal pan, cook using the same preparation for half an hour.
TIP 2: You can also use other eat also like, lamb/Mutton and prepare the same masala. But you will have to pressure cook for 30 minutes.
Chicken Masala Curry is ready. Serve with Rice varieties like Fried rice, Jeera rice and Biryani, or Chapati, Parota, Roti varieties and Dosa.