Looking for a sweetener that is healthy and natural that can replace sugar? then I insist you strongly to use palm jaggery (karupatti) it has so much nutrition packed in it and benefits our health in so many ways. I have seen many worried about the extra calories sugar can give and moreover about how it harms our health in so many ways, which I have already discussed about here, but without sugar it is really difficult to gulp in some milk or coffee. So try this alternative method, switch over to palm jaggery and stay healthy. This palm jaggery sweetened milk, almost tastes like some health drink and so you will be pleased with the taste too. It is diabetic friendly too if taken in small quantities, but please do consult a doctor before trying it. Make your evenings more healthy with a hot cup of this sweet and healthy milk drink.
For a healthy, low calorie, sugarless and sweet breakfast click here!!
INGREDIENTSServes 1 person
Total Preparation Time - 5 minutes
- Crushed palm jaggery / Karupatti - 3 to 4 spoons
- Boiled milk - 1 glass (use skimmed or fatty milk, its upto your choice)
- Dry ginger powder / Chukku powder - 1/4 tsp
- Add crushed palm jaggery and dry ginger powder into a glass and set aside.
- Pour milk into a sauce pan and heat it up until it becomes warm or hot.
- Now pour this milk into the glass with crushed palm jaggery and stir well. Then strain using a strainer to remove impurities.
- Serve warm or chilled.
TIP 1: Never add the crushed palm jaggery into the milk while it is on flame, as it may curdle the milk. Chilled palm jaggery milk tastes so good so you can serve it either chilled or hot.
TIP 2: Add more crushed palm jaggery if you want more sweetness. You can crush some palm jaggery and store it in airtight boxes and use when needed.